Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lacework Headband












I used up some left over yarn from another project to whip up this headband/ear warmer. I am terrible at making knit patterns and since you may want yours wider, smaller or bigger - I'll just give you the general stitch pattern so knitters can customize! I used size 8 needles, casting on 13 stitches, and Lion brand Wool-Ease yarn for this gauge. After casting on, Row 1 is K1 *yarn forward, K2 together; repeat from * to end. Rows 2, 3, and 4 are K to end. These 4 rows are repeated until desired length, cast off, and then ends are sewn/weaved together. I am excited about this machine washable yarn because I wear the headband running in the cold February weather! It keeps all my hair out of my face and my ears toasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment