Monday, April 30, 2012

Flag Banner Notecard

 After a little hiatus to do some major traveling to exotic and tropical locations (Mexico, Hawaii, and -most notably- the Dominican Republic), I'm back! Back in craft. I've been focusing my artistic efforts into other projects lately but I always come back to paper, my one true love.
This card is incredibly quick to whip up and also utilizes scraps of beloved paper not big enough for most other practical uses. Here I used paper I designed myself - a yellow on white marbled by hand, and a red stamped safety pin pattern. I "strung" the triangles on a piece of cotton striped string with a tape runner, attached them to a recycled craft A-2 card, stamped with Distress Ink (by Tim Holtz), and used chunky pink staples as embellishment with my Fastenator (by EK Success). It took about 20 minutes to create 4 matching cards. Why even consider buying a card at the store?

No comments:

Post a Comment