Monday, January 9, 2012

Cabled Wrist Warmers

I found a pattern a long, long time ago for fingerless gloves / wrist warmers.  In fact, it was my first adult knitting project (having learned to knit scarves in 3rd grade, I had a basic idea of knit, purl and casting on) and I learned some more basic skills from it.  Oh the wonders of Google.  M1L?  What?  Thank goodness for Youtube--otherwise, I suppose I'd still be stuck with scarves and dishcloths.

Anyway, I've made any number of these for myself and for family members, relying on several different patterns.  I combined these, refined them for my own style, and added my obsession of the moment:  cabling.  The culmination is what you see here.  I've attached a pdf of the pattern (and this is my first attempt at writing a knitting pattern--any edits/feedback are greatly appreciated).  It's a fun pattern, and they are so cute.  I have a few pairs of my own, and so do my mom, I think all my sisters, and my best friend.  I can make these from memory by now.  A pair of these for yourself first, and then wear them to keep your hands warm as you knit a pair for every person on your list.

I apologize for the poor photo quality.  It's difficult to a) photograph one's own left hand with a DSLR in the b) low winter northwest light.

Download the printable pdf pattern here.

2 comments: