Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Frame-less Photo Wall

When I first moved into my apartment, I started taping my favorite memories to one of the walls. Photos, ticket stubs, unframed art work, handwritten notes, even business cards. I had almost covered the entire wall. I thought it looked cool for a while until I realized it was so unorganized it made my whole apartment seem messy. This is an important thing to remember in small abodes - if one part of the room is distracting [in a negative way], it will affect the entire space. This week I took it all down and picked out my favorite 4x6ish sized memories and hung them simply using 8 tacks, 4 pieces of string, and some clothespins.

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, I love that. And I love the new design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks way better! I used the same idea to hang the kids' art on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, jerk, thanks for not putting any pictures of me on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are framed in shells next to the window garden. Duh!

    ReplyDelete